Thanks to a robust schedule of non-stop options from 10 major markets, travelers are now just a quick flight away from enjoying their next flight of wine, the authentic Danish charm of Solvang, an abundance of outdoor recreation, the laid-back California vibe, and everything else that Santa Ynez Valley has to offer.
With as many as 20 daily non-stop arrivals from markets including Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Seattle, getting to and from the popular yet humble wine region made famous by Alexander Payne’s 2004 film Sideways is easier than ever.
With flight times ranging from just over 45 minutes (Los Angeles) to just over three hours (Dallas) gate to gate, and favorable flight times for connecting from other markets, visitors can be tasting wine, horseback riding, enjoying true farm-to-table dining, hiking and biking, or just relaxing in the Santa Ynez Valley sooner than they might think.
Santa Ynez Valley Non-Stop Flight Schedule (As of 5/1/23)
- Flight schedules, including arrival and departure times, are subject to change
- Denver: Beginning Sept. 5, Southwest is increasing M-F service to Denver from 1 to 2 flights
- Las Vegas: Service includes one flight per day (Thur & Sun) into Santa Maria (SMX)
- Las Vegas: Beginning Aug. 15, Southwest is increasing service to Las Vegas on Sundays from 2 to 3 flights to Santa Barbara (SBA)
- Los Angeles: In June and July, United is increasing service to LAX from 1 to 2 flights daily
Home to the majority of Santa Barbara County’s wineries, tasting rooms, and roughly 20,000 acres of vineyards, the Santa Ynez Valley was recently heralded as one of the world’s 23 Best Places to Go in 2023 by Conde Nast Traveler.
The valley also won the World Class Wine Region designation in the 2022 Sunset Travel Awards, and earned three more additions to the MICHELIN Guide California, bringing the total number of Santa Ynez Valley restaurants that have gained MICHELIN recognition to five.
For more information on traveling to the Santa Ynez Valley, or to research attractions, book lodging and activities, and create a custom travel itinerary, visit VisitSYV.com.